1) What final instructions did Paul give the Corinthians in 2 Cor. 13.11-13? Why do you think he emphasized the themes of unity and peace with the Corinthians? How might our own unity help prepare us to reflect on the unity of Godhead?
2) How do you see the ways in which Paul described the members of the Godhead: the grace of Jesus, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit (v.14)? What should we make of this summary of the members of the Trinity and their focus?
3) The doctrine of the Trinity is built on three concepts: unity, diversity, and equality. Summarize each concept and explain how it helps us understand God’s nature as both one and triune.
4) What roles should mystery and humility play in understanding the doctrine of the Trinity? Why must we acknowledge the limits of our reason when it comes to the being and person of God?
5) After reflecting on the triune nature of our God, I am led to affirm that ___________.