"The triune God, the LORD, is holy. Anything contrary to his holiness is rejected as contrary to his wholeness and goodness." Rev. Dr. Don L. Davis
How can God be both infinitely Holy and our friend? Watch as Dr. Davis takes on a journey through the Mysterium Tremendum.
1) Explain the significance of Isaiah’s presence before the LORD on his throne in Isaiah 6.1-2. What elements of God’s person are evident from this vision of the LORD’s throne room?
2) Explain the meaning of what Isaiah heard said of the LORD in his vision of the throne room: “And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” (Isa. 6.3).
3) How would you describe Isaiah’s reaction to the vision of the LORD, and what is the implication of his reaction to anyone who comes into God’s presence or seeks a relationship with him (Isa. 6.4-7)?
4) What is the relationship between God’s holiness and wholeness and health? Do you agree with Tozer that God’s holiness and wrath are simply his commitment to degrade and destroy anything that is evil, harmful, or wicked? Explain your answer.
5) “Because God is holy, and because I believe that, I am committed to ______________.”